Background of iLembe District Municipality
iLembe District Municipality is situated on the east coast of South Africa, in the KwaZulu-Natal Province. iLembe is one of the 11 districts municipalities of the KwaZulu-Natal province and is also the smallest District Municipality in the province, with a total population of approximately 606
- The District Municipality covers approximately 3 260 square kilometers and is divided into four local municipalities.
• KwaDukuza Local Municipality
• Ndwedwe Local Municipality
• Mandeni Local Municipality
• Maphumulo Local Municipality
Enterprise iLembe works closely with local businesses, local municipalities, and traditional leaders to ensure that opportunities are shared equally within iLembe District, to ensure the growth of the local economy.